Tuesday 28 September 2010

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (Finland)

This has got to be the weirdest film I have ever seen in my life.

It's about Santa Claus, but he isn't the Coca Cola inspired Santa that we're all used to, he's a devilish beast with horns that boils children alive. These blokes kidnap him, right,
 and hold him for ransom.

The main characters are a man and his son. The son is an amazing little actor with a face like Bjork's belly-button. There's lots of snow and quite a bit of blood. I wasn't sure if it was aimed at children or adults as it seemed to have running themes for both, yet there was loads of full-frontal male nudity! Gross! These men are in their 70s!

It was pretty slow and boring and it all kicks off in the last 20 mins of the film.

Highs
It's only 70 minutes long

Lows
I offered my Pic n Mix around and some bastard took the last giant cola bottle - gutted!

Barb x

No comments:

Post a Comment